We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1998 (Commonwealth) as well as other applicable laws and codes affecting your personal information. Our staff are trained to respect your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The only personal information that we collect is that which you choose to tell us or required to complete an application for credit or an administrative form or when you give us personal information over the telephone or counter or email or during a person to person discussion.
We need to collect your personal information like email addresses so that we can provide you with services or to answer or forward your requests or inquiries.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
The way in which we use and disclose your personal information depends on your dealings with us. Generally speaking, we will not use or disclose personal information that we collect for any purpose other than the primary purpose for which it was collected unless:
- you consent to such use;
- the other purpose is related to the purpose for which the information was originally collected, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the other purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.In respect of our contractors and suppliers, we generally use your contact information only to conduct normal business transactions.We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only sue this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting the decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with has. This application allows the website to enhance your experience and is predominantly for the benefit of the end user.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In addition, in providing you with products and services, we may disclose your personal information to certain third parties including, without limitation, our contractors assisting us in the provision of the products or services, or in the administration of our business.